Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Love Is Hell By Various Authors Review

Love Is HellLove Is Hell by Melissa Marr

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I know, I know, I thought Prom Nights From Hell was bad, so why read this? I thought I'd test it out, see if a different book was better. But this, like PNFH, was filled with underdeveloped stories that never got over 2 stars. The only good thing is the author of Toilet wasn't in it.



"Sleeping With The Spirit" by Laurie Faria Stolarz

I liked the original premise of the story: Girl is haunted by ghost in her dreams that will stop at nothing to get help from her because she can talk to the dead. However, it quickly becomes an insta-love story, forgetting the great plot premise. I was disappointed to say the very least. Even the little sister sub plot was boring.

2/5 Stars



"Stupid Perfect World" by Scott Westerfield

What was this shit? Almost nothing was explained, the science unbelievable, and the characters, like all of them in the book, never given any characterization. But hey, I kind of expected this out of Westerfield.

2/5 Stars



"Thinner Than Water" by Justine Larbalastier

Again, little was explained, especially about why the police didn't remove the kids from most of the parents in the town. Really, nothing "WTF" story of the book.

2/5 Stars



"Fan Fictions" by Gabriella Zevin

This book made me think of Evermore for obvious reasons. Again, no explanations on anything, just a story that made no fucking sense.

2/5 Stars



"Love Struck" by Melissa Marr

Some stuff about seal people, selkies or something, and unexplained stuff is all I can describe this book as.

2/5 Stars



This really makes me wonder what passes as YA lit today. Can it have at least a little quality? These stories were so bad I can't even find GIFS to explain them with, which is just sad.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment