Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Every You, Every Me by David Levithan Review

 I  was  so  excited  Levithan  was writing  another  book.  I  got  like  this:
But  shortly  after  it  was  released  I  went  to  Barnes  and  Noble  to  see  if  they  had  it  and  they  didn't!  They  had  new  copies  of  Alexandra  Adornetto's  awful  sequel  to  Halo  (*shivers*),  Hades  and  a  bunch  of  copies  Tyra  Bank's  Modelland,  but  not  Every  You,  Every  Me!  I  was  so  excited  to  go  get  it,  but  my  dreams  were  crushed!  I  was  having  a  Zoidberg  moment  (I  seem  to  be  getting  those  a  lot):
I  was  so  mad.  I  had  to  wait  a couple  months  for  the  library  to  get  it,  and  I  was  so  glad  when  I  did!  I  was  like  this:
So  I  began  reading  it.

Evan  has  problems.  His  friend  Ariel  ad  to  leave  him  behind  and  he's  having  social  and  mental  issues.  He's  getting  photographs  from  someone  who  he's  afraid  is  Ariel.  He  tries  letting  others  know about  it,  but  it  isn't  working.  He  couldn't  sleep before,  now  it  seems  impossible.  And  Evan  might  just  leave  like  Ariel. . .
This  was  a  fantastic  psychological  thriller.  This  is  not  regular  Levithan,  but  still  amazing.  He  clearly  understands  how  mental  illness  works  and  he  wrote  it  perfectly.  You  knew  exactly  how  Evan  felt.  I  also  thought  the  writing  was  very  good  and  the  photos  were  interesting. 
You  can't  help  feeling  bad  for  Evan.  This  is  a  painful  to  read  story  that's  so  true  to  life.  He  was  human,  just  like  all  the  other  characters.  I  also  felt  bad  for  Ariel.  I  realized  even  more  I  know  very  little  about  some  of  the  closest  people  I  know.
This  was  amazing.  I  loved  this  novel  even  if  it's  so  different  from  Levithan's  other  works,  but  still  so  memorable.
5  stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment