Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Goodreads Choice Awards Final Round: What I Voted For!

What  books  do  I  think  deserve  to  win  the  Goodreads  choice  award?  I  didn't  vote  in  all  the  rounds,  only  the  ones  relevant  to  me  or  there  were  books  I'd  read  but  didn't  like.  I  did  vote  for  some  books  I  haven't  read  but  they're  by  authors  who  deserve  the  award.
My  Nominee  for  Best  Fiction:
The  Lover's  Dictionary  by  David  Levithan
I  read  this  book  back  in  about  May  and  it  was  pretty  good.  I  only  read  it  because  Levithan  wrote  it,  but  it  was  pretty  good.  It  even  had  some  really  funny  moments.

My  Nominee  for  best  Science  Fiction:
11/22/63  by  Stephen  King
He's  Stephen  King,  enough  said.

My  Nominee  for  best  Young  Adult  Fiction:

Between  Shades  of  Gray  by  Ruta  Sepetys
I  was  debating  between  this,  Where  She  WentShineBeauty  Queens,  and  before  it  was  voted  off,  Real  Live  Boyfriends.  I  finally  decided  with  this  because  I  loved  this  the  most.

My  Nominee  for  the  best  Young  Adult  Fantasy  &  Science  Fiction:
Across  The  Universe  by  Beth  Revis
This  was  the  only  one  on  there  I  would  have  chosen  since  Demon  Glass  was  voted  off.  But  I  still  liked  this  book  and  it's  science-ness  so  it  deserves  to  win.

My  vote  for  best  Middle  Grade  &  Children's:
Cabin  Fever  by  Jeff  Kinney
The  book  wasn't  amazing,  but  Kinney  deserves  the  award  and  I  hadn't  read  anything  else  on  the  list.

My  Nominee  for  best  Picture  Book:
Hooray  For  Amanda  and  Her  Alligator!  by  Mo  Willems
I  love  Mo  Willems.  I'm  surprised  one  of  the  Elephant  and  Piggie  books  wasn't  on  the  voting  list,  so  I  went  for  this  even  though  I've  read  only  like  6  pages  (I'm  reading  this  soon).

So  who do  you  guys  want  to  win  (Mo  Willems!)?  And  who  did  you  vote  for  (it  better  be  Mo  Willems!)?

No comments:

Post a Comment