1. The Intersecting Chapters. I can handle books where the narrators switch or else I wouldn't read Alex Sanchez. But this seemed like only Grace should narrate it, no matter how boring she is. Sam wasn't much of a character and I didn't like him, his narrating wasn't good except for when he broke chickens, which wasn't much.
2. Anti-Feminist? There's a misogynistic rapper, I forgot his name who has a song which tells where he raped his neighbor, a hot woman who he watched strip and says it isn't his fault, she should have gotten curtains up. Grace uses this when she learns Sam as a wolf watched her strip too, and that scene really pissed me off. Also, it's admitted that they're both unhealthily obsessed with each other but they don't do anything to make it a normal relationship, a very bad sign. Let's not even go to Shelby, she was too awful.
3. The Sex Scene. There wasn't much detail into it, thankfully because Judy Blume sex scenes I can handle, Stiefvater's I can't. Also, I thought they didn't use protection because there were no details on it, the sex wasn't planned, and I can't see Grace or Sam as carrying around condoms or taking the pill. In other words in the next chapter when it mentioned them using protection I could hardly believe it because Grace and Sam seem like they'd do it without protection.
4. Heterosexist Scene in the Candy Store? I only liked the candy descriptions in that scene, nothing else. The cashier bugged me and the way she thought Grace and Sam were "so cute" made me want to gag, the love at first sight sucked, and I could imagine two gay men or two lesbians walking in and doing that and it turns out she's a fundamentalist Christian and yells that they need to get out, that wouldn't surprise me at all.
5. Don't Explain Anything About the Full Moon Until You're Way Into The Book. That just made me mad.
6. Grace Had No Brain. She didn't see Jack in the car?
What I Sort of Liked:
1. There Were A Few Funny Lines.
2. I Liked Beck. He had the MOST character of anyone in the book.
This book is not "sexy", "cool", or "great". It sucked and just barely gets two stars because near the end of the book it started to speed up. I am not reading the rest of the series.
I Instead Recommend:
The Abused Werewolf Rescue Group by Catherine Jinks
Cycle of the Werewolf by Stephen King