Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Where She Went by Gayle Forman Review

*Spoilers  for  If  I  Stay  and  Where  She  Went*
It  hasn't  been  long  since  I've  read  If  I  Stay,  and  I  have  to say  this  is  twice  as  powerful.  There  are  fewer  paranormal  aspects  and  even  more  closer  to  reality.  I  liked  it  even  more  than  If  I  Stay.  I  liked  Adam  more  than  Mia.  Gayle  impressed  me  with  her  sequel,  some  really  suck.  And  the  writing  was  even  better.  I  can  tell  that  I  like  this  author.
It  happened. . .  Adam  and  Mia  broke  up.  I  just  couldn't  see  how  it  could  happen,  but  hey,  it's  life.  I  also  learned  more  about  what  happened  to  Mia  while  she  was  in  her  coma.  She  didn't  immediately  wake  up,  she  still  had  to  heal.  Mia  and  Adam  are  made  even  more  human  than  the  last  book.  
Did  Adam  and  Mia  finally  become  who  they  wanted  to  be?  Adam's  a  famous  rock  star  and  Mia's  a  renowned cellist.  But  fame  isn't  worth  everything.  I  know  how  the  average  rock  star  lives,  I've  heard  the  shit  about  how  fame  isn't  worth  everything  and  Forman  portrayed  it  perfectly.  Adam  has  issues  and  you  can't  help  but  feel  bad  for  him.  
Mia  is  getting  what  she  wants,  but  you  can  tell  she's  still  grieving.  And  when  *spoiler*  she  tells  Adam  the  reason  she  hates  him  is  for  making  her  stay,  it  was just  so  sad.  But  you  have  to  realize  in  the  end  it  was her  choice  to  stay,  and  only  hers.  People  may  have  influenced  her  decision,  but  it  was  her  choice.  But  I  still  know  how  she  feels.  There's  nothing  robotic  about  her.
I  understand  why  both  Adam  and Mia  were  reluctant  to  tell  the  media  about  their  relationship.  Adam's  not  a  normal  person  anymore  and  him  being  with  Mia  would  have  put  him  on  tabloids  everywhere.  As  if  his  girlfriend  Brin  doesn't  make  him  famous  enough.
The  romance  with  Adam  and  Mia  was  still  smiley  sweet.  :)  Like  that.  But  it  isn't  all  smiles  at  the  same  time,  everyone's  got  their  issues.  
Even  the  side  characters  were  well  written,  each  having  a  story.  They  weren't  flat  and  instead  were  normal  people.
I  loved  this  series.  I  hope  there  isn't  a  third  book,  I'm  scared it'll  ruin  everything.  I  can  just  imagine  the  books  ending  here.  I'm  definitely  reading  Forman's  other  book  Sisters  In  Sanity  and  whatever  else  she'll  release.
5  stars

No comments:

Post a Comment