Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

She's a Dick, a Slut, a Guy

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2011/11/15/Girl_Takes_Life_After_Gender_Based_Taunting/

Ashlynn  was  called  a  slut,  ugly,  fat,  and  made  fun  of  for  being  masculine.  Not  only  is  her  death  heartbreaking  to  me,  but  because  I  am  also  masculine.  I  have  a  guy   cut  and  I  do  guy  stuff  but  I  have  a  vagina.  I'm  not  nearly  as  teased  for  this  and  I  guess  I'm  lucky.  People  who  don't  know  me  ask  what  gender  I  am.  You  know  what?  I  am  lucky.
Rest  in  peace,  Ashlynn.  You  could  have  been  somebody  great  when  you  were  older,  but  you're  helping  pave  the  way  to  hopefully  stop  this.  I  miss  you,  even  if  I  don't  know  you.  There  are  others  who  miss  you  more.  I  hope  someday  we  can  look  back  at  you  and  wonder  why  you  were  even  made  fun  of.

No comments:

Post a Comment