Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Heist Society by Ally Carter Review


So  I  finished  this  book  in  one  day  and  I  was  impressed.
All  Kat  wants  to  do  is  have  a  normal  life.  She's  trying  to  at  a  posh  boarding  school  before  her  headmaster's  car  is  taken  apart  and  put  on  the  school  fountain,  her  being  the  girl  who  supposedly  did  it.  Now  she'll  have  to  go  back  to  her  family  of  thieves,  whom  she  loves,  but  sadly  can't stand  the  idea  of  continuing  to  help  steal  things.  So  when  her  father's  framed  she  sorta  has  to  steal,  and  you  know  what?  Kat's  gonna  do  it.

I  thought  this  book  was  really  fast  paced,  which  was  good  for  me  because  I  wanted  to  keep  reading,  although  on  most  days  it  sort  of  felt  like  nothing  was  done  (I  finished  it  in  a  day).  The  characters  were  really  imaginative  and  not  the  same  kind  you  can  expect  in  most  books.  Hale  was  awesome,  Gabrielle  was  both  stereotypical  but  well  rounded,  and  I  even  had  a  tiny  little  soft  spot  for  Nick  (don't  tell  him  that).  I  loved  the  art  tie  ins  and  I  was  especially  impressed  by  the  history  and  references  to  the  Nazi  monstrosities.  I  felt  sad  that  since  the  woman  bought  one  of  the  stolen  paintings  in  the  end  she  got  to  keep  it.  I  also  loved  the  way  the  paintings  were  hidden,  but  I  won't  tell  how.  I  guessed  some  parts  and  got  some right,  and  in  the  end  I  was  still  shocked.  The  geography  was  good  as  I've  traveled  to  Paris  and  the  artwork  was  easy  to  imagine  whether  you  have  it  or  not.  You  may  keep  the Mona  Lisa,  I  have  Leonardo's  Angel!
So,  Heist  Society  deserves  4  stars.  I  plan  on  reading  the  Gallagher  Girls  books  soon  and  I  plan  on  reading  Uncommon  Criminals.

No comments:

Post a Comment