Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My Asexual Valentine's Day

What  are  my  asexual  Valentine's  Day  plans?  They  could  be  anything  at  all.  Maybe  I  was  lucky  enough  to  get  a  beautiful  new  asexual  girlfriend  who  wants  to  buy  me  dinner,  take  me  to  a  movie,  and  wants  to  cuddle  all  night  while  we  listen  to  music.  No,  but  someday,  someday. . . .  Maybe  I'm  hanging  out  with  friends.
For  this  commercialized  holiday,  I'm  playing  Pokemon  Red  all  fucking  night.  There's  no  better  way  to  be  single  and  asexual  on  V-Day  than  to  play  the  greatest  video  game  in  existence.  My  Pokemon  team  will  never  betray  me  for  not  wanting  sex.  They  love  me  and  I  love  them,  that  being  all  that matters.  I  know  you'll  say  they're  just  pixels,  but  to  me  that's  my  own  form  of  love.  I  also  play  it  with  friends,  forming  closer  bonds.  If  Valentine's  Day  weren't  so  damn  heteronormative,  commercialized,  or  all  love-your-significant-other,  I  might  celebrate  it  beyond  all  night  video  games,  but  maybe  not,  I  mean  who  doesn't  want  to  play  Pokemon  all  night?
I'm  fine playing  Pokemon  all  night,  anyway.  It  sounds  like  a  damn  fun  thing  to  do.
But  I'll  post  this  comic  anyway,  since  I  find  it  funny:

pokémon - Forever a Trainer
see more Pokememes

No comments:

Post a Comment