Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Happyface by Stephen Emond review

Ah,  the  way  I  looked  at  this  book  yesterday  when  I  bought  it  at  Barnes  and  Noble. . .
love  books  like  the  Dork  Diaries  and  Diary  of  a  Wimpy  Kid  series  so  this  looked  like  a  more  mature  version  of  them.  It  definitely  was!
Summary:
An  ex-nerd  simply  called  "Happyface"  because  of  the  constant  fake  smile  he  wears  is  coming  to  terms  with  his  parents  divorce,  his  sexuality,  and  his  life.
I  really  liked  Mike,  other  than  Happyface  himself  he  was  one  of  the  few  characters  I  truly  liked  other  than  Chloe  and  Gretchen.  The  other  characters  weren't  bad  they  just  didn't  make  my  favorite  list.
What  really  made  me  get  the  book  wasn't  the  fact  that  it  had  a  bunch  of  great  drawings  but  the  premise.  I  can  relate  to  it  since  I'm  a  very  fake  smile  person.
There  were  a  few  parts  I  put  my  bookmark  in  to  take  a  break,  but  otherwise  it  ruled.  I  believe  I'll  read  Stephen  Emond's  next  book,  but  I'm  not  entirely  sure.

Rating:  4.9  stars,  it  missed  a  little  but  other  than  that  it's  very  satisfying.  

No comments:

Post a Comment