Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Tommyknockers by Stephen King review

Book:  The  Tommyknockers
Author:  Stephen  King
Genre(s):  Sci-fi/Horror
Have  I  read  this  author  before?:  Yes
Spoliers:  Duh

I  recently  got  this  book  at  the  library  and  over  a  few  days  read  it.  I've  read  Stephen  King  before  and  partially  threw  it  I  didn't  know  what  to  think,  and  at  times  there  were  action  scenes  that  should  have  never  ended.
So  one  of  the  best  parts  was  the  epigraph,  I  love  creepy  old  nursery  rhymes.  I  was  at  first  dissapointed  on  how  much  it  was  repeated,  but  as  the  book  went  on  I  understood  why.  It  didn't  matter,  just  like  the  name  Tommyknockers.  All  that  really  mattered  was  what  happened.
At  first  I  didn't  understand  much  about  Gard  other  than  his  love  for  alcohol  and  and  almost  shooting  his  wife.  Then  the  skiing  accident  and  the  metal  plate  in  his  head.  I  was  in  the  beginning  more  interested  in  Bobbi  but  as  the  book  went  on   I  shifted  to  Gard.  But  my  absolute  favorite  was  definitely  Ruth,  she  had  the  most  character  development.  I  wished  for  more  to  be  known  about  her,  but  yeah,  the  accident. . . .  I  also  loved how  her  dolls  started  talking  to  her  on   July  19th,  my  birthday!
The  book  did  not  scare  me,  at  times  it  made  me  laugh,  and  at  times  I  was  shocked.  And  what  happened  to  Bobbi,  I  eventually  had  no  sympathy  for  her.
Altair  4  was  really  good  and  I  want  to  know  more,  but  the  description  Stephen  gave  was  good  enough.
Great  scene:  Jesus!

So  I  give  this  5  stars.  Yeah.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment